This Is A Big Week.
by Chris Kamalski
- I’m turning 30 on Friday! (Apparently, there is varied opinion within my community of friends as to this being either momentous–my 4th decade of life!–or insignificant. Ironically, those who say insignificant are pushing the later decades of wisdom…:-)).
- I’m beginning many last stage projects here in Pretoria, including several work/fundraising projects for the local NGO I have been working with in spiritual direction/group therapy all year long.
- Multiple creative art projects (Including submitting my first pieces to a local art show ‘God, Love, Life, & Murder’ a la the Johnny Cash album) are on the horizon demanding attention. This is both inspiring and draining at the same time!
- The lovely lady I’ve been dating leaves for Uganda for several weeks on Sunday. Many thoughts with this!
- Our NieuCommunities Director is here for 10 days to work with the staff and those of us in various places of considering longer-term work with CRM and/or NieuCommunities. In fact, I leave tonight for a quick 24-hour retreat joining our staff who are already away, to dream, plan, and converse about the future. I’m ready, nervous, curious, open, and a million other things about the conversations I will be a part of in the next week.
- I will likely head home through London for a few days to walk the streets of Shoreditch in East London, praying and getting a gut read as to whether this could be a place that the Spirit is calling me towards at some point in my life. This could be a really big deal at some point.
- Beginning to contact and dream/make plans for time at home over the holidays, seeking to re-connect with donors and church communities that have supported me. I’m truly looking to thank them, encourage them, and enter into conversation about how their arms have held me up this year. I’m eager to dream a bit about the future as well (and have several creative macro ideas as to fun ways this could happen).
All this to say, I need prayer this week. I welcome your thoughts and feedback as well…
i always look at your posts and emails and really enjoy them.
it sounds like a tremendous time in your life and am so glad to be able to witness it. love the fact that you can tap into that artsy side of yourself while being half way around the world and in a ministry setting. i will continue to pray for all of the above!
Thanks for the update. We will be praying
Happy 30th bro, Haze says happy bday to her favorite red headed uncle, much love, Thrash