Messy Thoughts Seven Days Out.
by Chris Kamalski
- I’m emotionally drained from saying goodbye so frequently, so sincerely, and so deeply these past few weeks. I have done this better than ever before in my life, and still feel that a huge hole is coming quickly in my life (quickly would be in less than seven days!).
- There is so much going on in my heart right now that I don’t even begin to know how to name what is in it. Excitement about coming home, anxiousness about the long journey ahead of preparing to come back here in March, fear about the previous two things, and a general exhaustion with any end of the year.
- It is so weird that next week is Thanksgiving and I am sweating in the humidity of the approaching summer thunderstorm season.
- I can’t fathom that I am spending two days in London next week praying about ‘down-the-line’ opportunities there, be it several years from now or whatever.
- I can’t wait for Mexican food, bodyboarding NW winter swells, family, and friends.
- I will deeply miss my growing community of friends here, my ministry partners,driving a stick-shift on the left side of the road, and of course Sarah Maxie!
- I really feel like I am becoming a different sort of man this year. In many ways I am Chris Kamalski more than ever before, yet integrating this ‘new’ (in some ways) self will be challenging upon coming home. In some ways, I feel like my re-entry home may be harder than I first anticipated. South Africa has become home to me in some ways.
- Please pray for me this week as I say goodbyes–that I would be present!