Regarded As Better Than Before.
by Chris Kamalski
- Head to Facebook to enjoy an images of our work we’ve entitled “Regarded As Better Than Before.”
- Maxie submitted a major grant proposal to KFC (yes, the Colonel’s company!) to underwrite our entire food program throughout Bridges.
- Chris & Maxie facilitated storyboards for Academy & Community Development staff, helping set 2013 goals in an achievable narrative context.
- Chris was invited to help develop a weekly discipleship training curriculum for 20+ facilitators in our After School Program (ASP) & Orphan & Vulnerable Children (OVC) support groups in the Cape Flats.
- Maxie has participated in a Fundraising Boot Camp focused on how to approach & secure South African corporate social investment funds for non-profit organizations. Super helpful!
- We hosted a short-term team of 9 young women from Biola University in January who led 3 separate camps for Academy students, alumni, and children from our communities.
- Chris has begun chapels for Academy students & staff began under a massive oak tree in mid January, with the theme of “On Me (I Am A Seed)” from Isaiah 61:1-3. We are acorns becoming oaks!
- A 40-day reading group of Academy students kicked off on Ash Wednesday, coming around the simple yet powerful themes of growth in “Purpose-Driven Life.”
- Chris is prayerfully discerning initial inquiries from several local churches as to how best they can come alongside Academy students in service. A possibility of a South African mentoring network for Learners is emerging!
- Maxie was blessed by friends who invited her to receive Level 1 StrengthFinder training this past week for free! We both are becoming certified coaches in this key developmental training!