Mulling over what to write about this morning (Remember, it’s all about putting something written on the page), I realized that I have several prompts that would make great posts, but no willpower, time, or mental energy to pull them together into something cohesive. Instead, here’s what’s in my current pack of gum (For the literalists out there, this is what I am chewing on):
- “We live in a world of discordant voices. To pray is to become increasingly sensitive to the voice of Jesus and to recognise in him the ‘way in’ to God, the gate that opens out into the wide pastures where we encounter truth and life” (via Sacred Space).
- “You arrive at enough certainty to be able to make your way, but it is making it in darkness. Don’t expect faith to clear things up for you. It is trust, not certainty.” (Flannery O’Connor)
- If our community is a ‘missional community’ in its central DNA, how do I value incarnation over attraction, and people over programs? (via Mark Thrash via Tangible Kingdom)
- A scripture from John 10 that I’m thinking about: “He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.” What was Jesus hinting at in saying that shepherd ‘goes ahead’ of his flock?
- And finally, the focus of this week’s meditations at Sacred Space: