A Season Pondering Discipleship Unto Jesus…
Due to wonderful feedback on our new format, here are 7 points on our work of mission with Bridges of Hope.
- Head to Facebook for images from February entitled “Show Me How.”
- Chris has begun coaching the Community Development staff men weekly, mentoring them personally as they facilitate After School Programs & Community Health Evangelism (CHE) development training. Currently, we are reading “In The Name of Jesus” by Henri Nouwen.
- Maxie completed a beautiful prospectus for Bridges of Hope which will be instrumental in applying for and securing local South African corporate social investment funding.
- At least 4 local church communities in the Franschhoek valley have expressed commitment to raise mentors for each one of our 55 Academy students. Chris anticipates launching the Bridges Mentorship Project in early winter!
- Our international director, Susan Wadley, presented a powerful seminar on “Overcoming Shame & Abuse” to staff & students that resulted in substantial dialogue about this important topic in South African culture.
- Two Academy girls (Gr. 11 & 8) expressed interest in baptism during Easter as a public declaration of their place in God’s family. God is alive & at work in our student body!
- A growing sense of unity as “child mentors” is building between Orphan & Vulnerable Children and After School Program facilitators as Chris trains them in discipleship & listening skills each Friday.