Twitter Will Rule The World.
by Chris Kamalski
These stats on the growth of Twitter usage are staggering. The whale will be showing up more and more, people!
- Twitter has 105,779,710 registered users
- 300,000 new users sign up per day
- Approximately 60% of them are coming from outside the U.S
- Twitter receives 180 million unique visitors per month
- 75% of Twitter traffic comes from third-party applications
- 60% of all tweets come from third-party apps
- Since the new Blackberry application was launched, it has accounted for 7 to 8% of new sign
- Twitter now has 175 employees, up from 25 one year ago
- There are 600 million search queries on Twitter per day
- There are over 100,000 Twitter applications
- Twitter gets 3 billion requests a day through its API
- 37% of active Twitter users use their phone to tweet